My favourite colour is purple. I like most colours, except that I'm not too fond of yellow. I'm a teacher, a student, a wife and a step-mom to four young adult-ish kids. My favourite room is my craft room. I like to play with photography, paper, scrapbooking, book and card making. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Monday, July 18, 2011

monte plata journal pages part 6

July 11..
Today’s clinic was in El Cacique, a short drive away. Clinic was held in a very small Assemblies of God church. Dental was in a house down the block, on the porch and inside their living room. My impressions of this town was that it was very needy. Some children had no clothes on in the street. Many of them had no shoes on and their feet were filthy. Many children were asking for hand outs- a first on this project. I was back working with the children in the integral health. We bought more tooth brushes, so everyone who came through got a tooth brush. I washed hands, brushed nails clean, brushed teeth under an orange tree that was teeming with fruit and gave fluoride treatments. Today’s colouring pages were of Adam and Eve. The children were so beautiful. I probably write that everyday, but today I kept going over to get out my camera, because they are just so incredibly gorgeous.
Today there was a national strike. We were not sure what that meant for us. No public transportation was working. We were able to start our day not too late, and we set up clinic as usual. Tonight when I walked through town, it was noticeably different, no busses but lots of motorcycles. I walked with Francia in to town to buy a  bed for a patient. We also went to the local hospital.
Yudelka, with 27 day old baby

Milton, an amazing health educator and sharer of the gospel




this naked boy is playing with a cell phone


opening the clinic day with singing and prayer





No comments:

Post a Comment