My favourite colour is purple. I like most colours, except that I'm not too fond of yellow. I'm a teacher, a student, a wife and a step-mom to four young adult-ish kids. My favourite room is my craft room. I like to play with photography, paper, scrapbooking, book and card making. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Colour in our Garden!












Our "Cate-and-Jim" maple tree! (They gave out saplings as their wedding favours.)
I have always loved a tree I would see on a bike route. The owners circled it with pink cosmos and they always look so colourful and friendly around the tree. I have wanted to do this at our own house for awhile now. So tonight we decided to get started on it. Feeling a little bit like we are breaking a by-law of some kind (because the tree is on city property, though it's right in front of our house),we went to work.
Before. We circled it with string, thinking it would help guide the digging up of the grass.

We put down a fabric barrier. We tried putting in a wooden edger, but no luck.  We will have to look for stones later.

It was nearly dark when we placed in the seeds. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so that will help to encourage their growth. I can't wait to see if this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment