My favourite colour is purple. I like most colours, except that I'm not too fond of yellow. I'm a teacher, a student, a wife and a step-mom to four young adult-ish kids. My favourite room is my craft room. I like to play with photography, paper, scrapbooking, book and card making. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Visual Journal catch up: April 2012

Theme:

If I keep a green bough in my heart, 
the singing bird will come. 
-Chinese proverb






This is one of my favourite pages in my current visual journal! For the background I was experimenting with gesso on a variety of media: fabric, atlas pages, printed scrapbook card stock, watercolour paper. Then I cut them into 3" squares and glued them down. I used distress stains on the edges to join them together. I loved extending the bleeding hearts cut out onto both pages. The "believe" bird was an image I found online and I printed it out then used clear shelf paper to do an image transfer. It's a real tail feather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment