My favourite colour is purple. I like most colours, except that I'm not too fond of yellow. I'm a teacher, a student, a wife and a step-mom to four young adult-ish kids. My favourite room is my craft room. I like to play with photography, paper, scrapbooking, book and card making. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Visual Journal catch up: November 2012

Theme: 

Psalm 121 

A Pilgrim Song
I look up to the mountains;
    does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
    who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.


He won’t let you stumble,
    your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel’s
    Guardian will never doze or sleep.


God’s your Guardian,
    right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
    sheltering you from moonstroke.


God guards you from every evil,
    he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
    he guards you now, he guards you always.
-the message



For this page I used gesso and acrylics on the background, using a tree stamp and distress inks. I also used water colour pencil crayons around the text boxes and gelatos. For the mountains, I used a mix of papers, edged with gelatos. The text page mountain I sprayed with inks, then used a template over it while spraying with ink. 

Marie passed away just before I worked on this page. She was a bright light in my community. I love this picture of her, because it's exactly the way she was. Always smiling, or laughing. During her battle with cancer, she chose this Psalm for her service. As I read this Psalm now, I like to think she wants me to remember that God is the only strength I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment