My favourite colour is purple. I like most colours, except that I'm not too fond of yellow. I'm a teacher, a student, a wife and a step-mom to four young adult-ish kids. My favourite room is my craft room. I like to play with photography, paper, scrapbooking, book and card making. Thanks for checking out my blog!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Visual Journal: January 2013

  1. theme:
    I watch the hands move grace 
    on the clock face. 
    I’m growing older. 
    These children growing up. 
    But time is not running out. 
    This day is not a sieve, losing time. 
    With each passing minute, each passing year, there’s this deepening awareness 
    that I am filling, gaining time. 
    We stand on the brink of eternity. 
    – Ann Voskamp, in “One Thousand Gifts”.





This was such a fun page to do! I collected images of clocks or watches from magazines, and also printed clock images I found on-line. I did printing from my computer onto scrapbook paper- including the burlap-looking paper. I also taped some old book pages onto a 8.5 X 11 paper and sent it through the printer to get some clocks printed onto it. 

For the background squares, I collaged torn pieces of the printed images. Some of them were sprayed with inks before tearing or cutting them up. After collaging them randomly, I used my large paper cutter to cut them into 1.5" squares. This is one of my favourite techniques. I then collaged those onto the sides of the pages until I was happy with the look. 

I used washi tape on both pages, to tie them together. 

I used Picket Fence distress stain to tone down one of the pinks that was too bright. 

I found the sieve image on-line and printed it, then used clear shelf liner to transfer it.


No comments:

Post a Comment